The 2040 Long Range Transportation Plan (LRTP) was developed with the assistance of the TPO Board, standing committees, and other stakeholders. It is a policy document that guides the TPO in the development, management, and operation of a safe and efficient transportation system for the next 25 years.
The 2040 LRTP accomplishes the following:
- Updates the River to Sea TPO’s vision, goals and objectives;
- Develops performance measures that align the goals and objectives with national transportation goals;
- Describes the existing transportation system;
- Identifies current and future transportation system needs for the 25-year planning period;
- Forecasts future federal and state transportation revenues;
- Develops a Congestion Management Process (CMP) to identify congestion and prioritize improvements to relieve it; and
- Identifies and prioritizes improvements into a Cost Feasible plan.