2045 Long Range Transportation Plan (LRTP)
Connect 2045 is the long-range transportation plan (LRTP) developed by the River to Sea TPO to reflect and meet the future transportation needs of our changing community. This plan lays the groundwork for a sustainable transportation system that preserves existing transportation infrastructure, enhances Florida’s economic competitiveness and improves travel choices to ensure mobility.
This plan was developed with input from people, agencies and organizations representing all parts of our community to reflect collective values and a broad range of needs. The plan strives to provide residents, visitors and businesses the best transportation solutions to efficiently and safely move people and goods.
The Connect 2045 Report was adopted by the River to Sea TPO Board on September 23, 2020 and is available at the link below:
The full report, with all supporting documentation, will be posted to the TPO and Connect 2045 websites by December 22, 2020.
Check out the River to Sea TPO’s Connect 2045 videos on our YouTube Channel by clicking here.
2040 Long Range Transportation Plan (LRTP)
The 2040 Long Range Transportation Plan (LRTP) was developed with the assistance of the TPO Board, standing committees, and other stakeholders. It is a policy document that guides the TPO in the development, management, and operation of a safe and efficient transportation system for the next 25 years.
The 2040 LRTP accomplishes the following:
- Updates the River to Sea TPO’s vision, goals and objectives;
- Develops performance measures that align the goals and objectives with national transportation goals;
- Describes the existing transportation system;
- Identifies current and future transportation system needs for the 25-year planning period;
- Forecasts future federal and state transportation revenues;
- Develops a Congestion Management Process (CMP) to identify congestion and prioritize improvements to relieve it; and
- Identifies and prioritizes improvements into a Cost Feasible plan.