Connect 2045 – the TPO’s 2045 Long Range Transportation Plan (LRTP)
The River to Sea TPO’s 2045 Long Range Transportation Plan (LRTP) is currently underway and expected to be completed in September 2020. For more information go to the 2045 LRTP website at: www.R2CTPOConnect2045.com.
Check out the River to Sea TPO’s Connect 2045 video on our YouTube Channel by clicking here.
The 2040 Long Range Transportation Plan (LRTP) was developed with the assistance of the TPO Board, standing committees, and other stakeholders. It is a policy document that guides the TPO in the development, management, and operation of a safe and efficient transportation system for the next 25 years.
The 2040 LRTP accomplishes the following:
- Updates the River to Sea TPO’s vision, goals and objectives;
- Develops performance measures that align the goals and objectives with national transportation goals;
- Describes the existing transportation system;
- Identifies current and future transportation system needs for the 25-year planning period;
- Forecasts future federal and state transportation revenues;
- Develops a Congestion Management Process (CMP) to identify congestion and prioritize improvements to relieve it; and
- Identifies and prioritizes improvements into a Cost Feasible plan.