2018 “Tell the TPO” Survey Campaign
The River to Sea TPO will be kicking off its 2018 “Tell the TPO” Survey Campaign on April 30, 2018. The Survey will run through June 30, 2018. Additional details will follow.
2016 “Tell the TPO” Survey Campaign
On March 1, 2016, the River to Sea TPO issued a survey to seek the input of the public as it planned transportation improvements for the metropolitan planning area (MPA) which includes all of Volusia County and portions of Flagler County. The survey was a three-month effort to survey people who live, work or visit Volusia and Flagler counties. The Tell the TPO survey wrapped up on May 31, 2016.
The goals of the survey were to provide a broad understanding of the public’s awareness, attitudes, and perceptions about transportation within the TPO region, and to identify changes and trends of these results over the years. Additionally, the survey was intended to increase public awareness of the TPO and its transportation planning functions.
Specifically, the survey objectives were to:
- Understand the transportation wants needs, problems, and preferences from residents, business community, elected officials, visitors, and other stakeholders.
- Increase public awareness of the TPO’s presence in the local area and expand branding of the organization.
- Engage interested and affected residents, businesses, and visitors in the TPO’s planning activities.
- Foster partnerships among the TPO partner agencies and community organizations.
- Build the contact databases of the TPO partner agencies including FDOT ReThink, Votran, and SunRail.
A total of 1,276 responses were collected and summarized as part of this effort. The results have been successful in providing a second set of data to identify trends and patterns in public opinion on the region’s transportation system.
While the Tell the TPO survey campaign has ended, the River to Sea TPO always welcomes your feedback. Please feel free to email us at email@example.com.
2014 “Tell the TPO” Community Transportation Campaign Survey
The River to Sea TPO launched the “TELL THE TPO” public awareness campaign on April 23, 2014. This was a three-month effort to survey people who live or work in Volusia and/or Flagler counties as well as visitors. The goal was to provide a broad understanding of public awareness, attitudes, and perceptions of the citizens within the TPO region, and to establish a baseline for tracking the changes and trends of these results over the years. Specifically, the survey objectives were:
- To understand the transportation wants needs, problems, preferences and suggestions from residents, business community, elected officials, and other stakeholders.
- To increase awareness and branding regarding the TPO. Everyone taking the survey will become aware of the existence and activities of the TPO.
- To engage interested residents, businesses, and visitors and add them to the TPO database.
- A total of 1,263 responses were collected and summarized from across the entire TPO region.
- Out of the more than 1,200 respondents, almost a third expressed interest in learning more about transportation issues by opting into one or more of the contact lists maintained by the TPO and partner agencies (including ReThink, Votran, and SunRail).
- The majority of the respondents completed the full survey.
The final summary report can be downloaded here:
While the Tell the TPO survey campaign ended the River to Sea always welcomes your feedback. Please feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.