- Unified Planning Work ProgramDescribes the planning tasks to be undertaken by the TPO during the upcoming two fiscal years.
- Transportation Improvement ProgramAn intermediate-range planning document that reflects the transportation expenditures that are planned to be spent over the next five years.
- Long Range Transportation PlanA long-range planning document that reflects transportation expenditures over the next 20-25 years.
Documents for Review
The TPO’s Draft Congestion Management Process and Performance Measures Report is available for public review and comment. Comments may be sent to Aarti Sharma at Asharma@r2ctpo.org.
Draft CMP Performance Measures Report (10-10-17)
Request for Public Comment on the SR 44/Mission Rd/Wallace Rd/Canal Street Intersection Design
Based on the input received at the three public workshops held on July 11, 2017, August 31, 2017, and October 3, 2017, Preferred Alternative A was recommended for the SR 44/Mission Rd/Wallace Rd/Canal Street Alternative Intersection Design.
The additional improvements recommended at SR 44/Mission Rd/Wallace Rd/Canal Street study area as part of Preferred Alternative A are listed below:
- Install EB Right Turn Lane on SR 44 at Wallace Rd./Mission Dr.
- Extend EB Left Turn Lane on SR 44 at Wallace Rd./Mission Dr.
- Extend NB Left Turn Lanes on Mission Dr. at SR 44
- Install SB Right Turn Lane on Canal St. at SR 44 & Convert SB L/T/R to SB Left Turn Lane
- Install Traffic Signal at SR 44 and Canal St.
- Extend EB Left turn Lane at Canal Street
- Install a right turn lane into Circle K from WB SR 44
The TPO is requesting feedback from the public on a study of the SR 44/Mission Rd/Wallace Rd/Canal Street. The study is being conducted for the River to Sea Transportation Planning Organization (TPO) by its consultant, VHB, Inc., in coordination with the Florida Department of Transportation, Volusia County, and the city of New Smyrna Beach. The study aims to identify an alternative intersection design to improve the safety and efficiency of the roadway for all road users. To provide comments, please fill out the following form: