Notice of Meeting/Workshop Hearing
The Florida Department of Transportation, District Five announces a hearing to which all persons are invited.
DATSE AND TIMES: • Virtual: Monday, January 11, 2021 through Friday, January 15, 2021 (24 hours each day)
- In Person: By Appointment
- In Person Open House: Thursday, January 14, 2021, 5:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m.
PLACE: • Virtual: Online at www.d5wpph.com
- In Person Appointments and In Person Open House: Florida Department of Transportation, District Five, 719 South Woodland Boulevard, DeLand, Florida 32720 in Cypress A & B Conference Rooms.
GENERAL SUBJECT MATTER TO BE CONSIDERED: The Florida Department of Transportation (FDOT) invites you to a virtual public hearing regarding the Tentative Five-Year Work Program for fiscal years 2021/2022 through 2025/2026, beginning Monday, January 11, 2021 and ending Friday, January 15, 2021 for 24 hours each day.
The purpose of this program is to provide direction on where and when to build transportation system improvements, and is used to forecast funds needed for improvements across all modes of transportation including: roadway, bicycle, pedestrian, freight, trails, transit, aviation, seaports and spaceports. This program provides proposed transportation projects for the nine (9) counties that form FDOT District Five: which includes Brevard, Flagler, Lake, Marion, Orange, Osceola, Seminole, Sumter, and Volusia counties and includes Florida’s Turnpike Enterprise projects in these counties. The public hearing is being held to present information and receive community feedback.
The Department is offering multiple ways for the community to participate in the hearing. All participants, regardless of the platform they choose, will be presented with the same information as seen on the website.
- Virtual Option: Interested persons may join the Virtual Public Hearing (VPH) from a computer, tablet or mobile device. A VPH is a free live presentation or webinar over the internet. This online hearing will be open and available 24 hours a day for citizens to view and comment on project information at www.d5wpph.com.
- In-Person Appointment: FDOT representatives are available during this week at the FDOT District Five Office, located at the address below. You can schedule a meeting at the district office by contacting Anna Taylor at (386)943-5499 or by e-mail to D5-WPPH@dot.state.fl.us.
- In-Person Open House Option: Participants may attend an in person open house on Thursday, January 14, 2021, from 5:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m. by going to the FDOT District Five Office, located at 719 South Woodland Boulevard, DeLand, FL 32720. The Department requests advance registration for this option to ensure all attendees are accommodated safely and according to social distancing guidelines. To register for the in-person option, please contact the project manager by using the contact information listed at the end of this letter. Attendees will be asked to follow all safety and sanitation guidelines as well as adhere to any local ordinances. Attendees who are not feeling well should not attend the in-person hearing.
Comments can be made through the website at www.D5wpph.com by clicking the “Comment” button and submitting a comment or participants may submit comments directly to FDOT Project Manager, Anna Taylor by phone at (386)943-5499, email at D5-WPPH@dot.state.fl.us, or U.S. mail at Florida Department of Transportation, 719 S. Woodland Boulevard, MS 501, DeLand, Florida 32720. While comments about the project are accepted at any time, please send your comments by January 29, 2021 to be included in the records for this public hearing.
Public participation is solicited without regard to race, color, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, or family status. Persons wishing to express their concerns relative to FDOT compliance with Title VI may do so by contacting Jennifer Smith, FDOT District Five, Title VI Coordinator, 719 South Woodland Boulevard, DeLand, Florida 32720 or via email at Jennifer.Smith2@dot.state.fl.us.
Para preguntas en Español: Valoramos la opinión del público sobre este proyecto. Si usted tiene preguntas o comentarios o si simplemente desea mas información en Español, favor ponerse en contacto la señora Kathy Alexander al teléfono (386)943-5168, o correo electrónico a Katherine.Alexander@dot.state.fl.us.
Persons who require accommodations under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) or persons who require translation services (free of charge), should contact Anna Taylor at (386)943-5499 or via email at D5-WPPH@dot.state.fl.us. If you are hearing or speech impaired, please contact the agency using the Florida Relay Service, 1(800)955-8771 (TDD) or 1 (800) 955-8770 (Voice).
A copy of the agenda may be obtained by contacting: the FDOT Project Manager, Anna Taylor, by phone (386)943-5499, by e-mail at D5-WPPH@dot.state.fl.us, or visit the project website at www.d5wpph.com.
For more information, you may contact: the FDOT Project Manager, Anna Taylor, by phone (386)943-5499, by e-mail at D5-WPPH@dot.state.fl.us, or visit the project website at www.d5wpph.com.