River to Sea Transportation Planning Organization (TPO)
Proposed Amendments to the 2040 Long Range Transportation Plan (LRTP)
The River to Sea Transportation Planning Organization (TPO) is seeking public comment on proposed amendments to the 2040 Long Range Transportation Plan (LRTP) which will be presented during the regularly scheduled meetings of the TPO Board and advisory committees.
The River to Sea TPO is seeking to amend the 2040 LRTP as follows:
- I-95 at US 1 Interchange Modifications— This project includes proposed improvements to the interchange at I-95 and US 1. This project is being proposed to be moved from the 2040 LRTP Unfunded Needs List to the Strategic Intermodal Systems (SIS) Cost-Feasible Projects List.
- SR 40 Widening from Cone Road to SR 11: — Advancing funding from years 2031-40 of the 2040 LRTP to years 2026-30 on the SIS Cost Feasible Projects List.
- SR 40 Widening from SR 11 to SR 15 (US 17): Advancing funding from years 2031-40 of the 2040 LRTP to years 2026-30 on the SIS Cost Feasible Projects List.
In addition, as a result new requirements for transportation planning and Transportation Performance Management (TPM), the TPO will also be required to develop an amendment that incorporates the new planning requirements and performance measures into the LRTP.
Members of the public are encouraged to provide input regarding these updates to the 2040 LRTP. Detailed materials are available for review below:
Recommended action on this amendment will occur in October 2019 at the following meetings of the TPO advisory committees:
- Bicycle/Pedestrian Advisory Committee (BPAC) October 9, 2019 @ 2:00 p.m.
- Citizens’ Advisory Committee (CAC) October 15, 2019 @ 1:15 p.m.
- Technical Coordinating Committee (TCC) October 15, 2019 @ 3:00 p.m.
The River to Sea TPO Board is expected to review and take action on the draft amendment at their regularly scheduled meeting on Wednesday, October 23, 2019 beginning @ 9:00 a.m.
All committee and board meetings are open to the public and public participation is welcomed. If you are unable to attend these meetings, comments may be provided in advance in writing or by contacting the TPO staff. The meetings will take place in the conference room at the River to Sea TPO office located at:
2570 W. International Speedway Blvd., Suite 100
Daytona Beach, FL 32114
For more information or to provide public comment, please contact Pamela Blankenship at 386-226-0422 ext. 20416 or via email at PBlankenship@r2ctpo.org.