River to Sea Transportation Planning Organization
Connect 2045 Long Range Transportation Plan (LRTP)
Proposed Amendment for Public Review
The River to Sea TPO is seeking to amend the Connect 2045 Long Range Transportation Plan to reflect updated funding for the Central Florida Commuter Rail System Phase II North Expansion. This project will make needed track modifications to extend SunRail service from the existing northern terminus at the DeBary station north to the DeLand station.
At the time of adoption of Connect 2045 in September of 2020, the SunRail Phase II North Expansion project was not included in the current five-year Transportation Improvement Program (TIP) and specifics associated with this project, such as project timing and costs, were not known. Accordingly, the project was referenced in Connect 2045 as an aspirational and unfunded transit project. Since the adoption of the long-range transportation plan, funding details have been identified to support the Phase II North Expansion. The proposed amendment will add this project to the Connect 2045 Cost Feasible Plan.
Materials are provided for public review reflecting the proposed amendment to Connect 2045. Proposed changes in the following Connect 2045 Chapters and Appendix are shown in strike through and underline format:
Chapter 5 – Needs Assessment and Scenario Planning
- Text revisions to the SunRail section on Page 5-4 to reflect the programmed funding
- Map revisions to Figure 5 to depict the location of the future DeLand SunRail Station
Chapter 6 – Transportation Plan
- Revisions to Table 6-9 on Page 6-14 to reflect the funding amount for the SunRail Phase II North Expansion project in the FY 2020/21 – FY 2025/26 TIP
Appendix D – Long Range Transit Element
- Revisions on Page 1 of Long Range Transit Element Table to reflect the funding details for the SunRail Phase II North Expansion project shown in the first row
Materials are available at the link below for your review:
Connect 2045 Amendment 1 Proposed Revisions
Recommended action on this amendment will occur in May 2021 at the following meetings of the TPO advisory committees:
- Bicycle and Pedestrian Advisory Committee (BPAC) May 12, 2021 @ 2:00 p.m.
- Citizens’ Advisory Committee (CAC) May 18, 2021 @ 1:15 p.m.
- Technical Coordinating Committee (TCC) May 18, 2021 @ 3:00 p.m.
The River to Sea TPO Board is expected to review and act on the amendment at their regularly scheduled meeting on Wednesday, May 26, 2021 beginning @ 9:00 a.m.
All committee and board meetings are open to the public and public participation is welcomed. If you are unable to attend these meetings, comments may be provided in advance in writing or by contacting TPO staff via the information below. The meetings will take place in the conference room at the River to Sea TPO office located at:
2570 W. International Speedway Blvd., Suite 100
Daytona Beach, FL 32114
Colleen Nicoulin, CNicoulin@r2ctpo.org; 386-226-0422 ext. 20417
Comments may also be submitted via the following form: