River to Sea Transportation Planning Organization (TPO)
Proposed Amendments to the 2040 Long Range Transportation Plan (LRTP)
The River to Sea Transportation Planning Organization (TPO) is seeking public comment on proposed amendments to the 2040 Long Range Transportation Plan (LRTP) which will be presented during the regularly scheduled meetings of the TPO Board and advisory committees.
The River to Sea TPO is seeking to amend the 2040 LRTP to reflect updated funding of the following two (2) projects as included in the updated Florida Department of Transportation (FDOT) Strategic Intermodal System (SIS) Long Range Cost Feasible Plan dated June 25, 2018:
- I-95 Interchange at Pioneer Trail— This project is a proposed interchange at I-95 and Pioneer Trail. A Project Development and Environmental (PD&E) study is currently underway and is expected to be completed in 2019.
- I-95 Interchange at LPGA Boulevard — This project involves improvements needed to the interchange at I-95 and LPGA Boulevard. An Interchange Modification Report (IMR) study is currently underway and is expected to be completed in 2019.
Since adoption of the 2040 LRTP in January 2016, the Florida Department of Transportation (FDOT) updated their long range revenue estimates and updated the “cost feasible” SIS plan that extends out to the year 2045. In that updated plan, funding for the two interchange projects was identified. The interchange projects were identified as needed, but unfunded, in the TPO plan.
In addition, as a result new requirements for transportation planning and Transportation Performance Management (TPM), the TPO will also be required to develop an amendment that incorporates the new planning requirements and performance measures into the LRTP.
Members of the public are encouraged to provide input regarding these updates to the LRTP. Detailed materials are available for review on the TPO website (www.r2ctpo.org) beginning on Monday, December 10, 2018.
Recommended action on this amendment will occur in January 2019 at the following meetings of the TPO advisory committees:
- Bicycle/Pedestrian Advisory Committee (BPAC) January 9, 2019 @ 2:00 p.m.
- Citizens’ Advisory Committee (CAC) January 15, 2019 @ 1:15 p.m.
- Technical Coordinating Committee (TCC) January 15, 2019 @ 3:00 p.m.
The River to Sea TPO Board is expected to review and take action on the draft amendment at their regularly scheduled meeting on Wednesday, January 23, 2019 beginning @ 9:00 a.m.
All committee and board meetings are open to the public and public participation is welcomed. If you are unable to attend these meetings, comments may be provided in advance in writing or by contacting the TPO staff. The meetings will take place in the conference room at the River to Sea TPO office located at:
2570 W. International Speedway Blvd., Suite 100
Daytona Beach, FL 32114
For more information or to provide public comment, please contact Pamela Blankenship at 386-226-0422 ext. 20416 or via email at PBlankenship@r2ctpo.org.