MEDIA CONTACT: Kate Sark
Community Information Specialist
386-822-5062, ext. 12246
Nov. 1, 2018
Votran public meetings regarding proposed service changes
Votran will hold two public meetings to discuss the new Route 25 in Deltona and service changes in Deltona and Orange City.
Meetings will focus on the following additions and adjustments, which will become effective in February:
- Route 25 will service Deltona and operate primarily in the Howland Boulevard corridor. It will run from Dupont Lakes Shopping Center west to Halifax Health (Deltona) and Epic Theatres. Route 25 will provide connecting service to Routes 21 and 22.
- Changes to Routes 21 and 22. Votran will no longer service the old Deltona Community Center at 980 Lakeshore Drive. Routes 21 and 22 will instead turn right onto Lakeshore Drive into Enterprise and provide service to the Methodist Children’s Home.
- Crown Center, Orange City. Crown Center stops will move to Enterprise Road, as requested by the property owner. This will affect Routes 20, 21, 22 and 23.
Two public meetings to discuss the above changes will be held in an open house format:
- 4:30 to 7 p.m. Thursday, Nov. 15: Deltona City Commission Chambers, Deltona City Hall, 2345 Providence Blvd., Deltona
- 4:30 to 7 p.m. Tuesday, Nov. 20: Orange City Council Chambers, 201 N. Holly Ave., Orange City
Those unable to attend a meeting are encouraged to submit written comments to any Votran bus operator or mail them to: Votran Service Improvements, 950 Big Tree Road, South Daytona, FL 32119. An online form can be completed at votran.org. Correspondence should include name and address for the official record. Written comments will be accepted until Nov. 30.
Individuals covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 in need of accommodations for these public meetings should contact Votran, 950 Big Tree Road, South Daytona, FL 32119 or 386-756-7496 ext. 4119 at least two working days prior to the meeting date. Information regarding the proposed action can be viewed on Votran’s website at www.votran.org. You may request these documents to be mailed to you through the contacts above.