The Volusia Transportation Planning Organization (TPO) is seeking the professional services of qualified consultants to prepare feasibility studies for proposed traffic operations, intelligent transportation systems (ITS) and/or traffic safety improvements.
The TPO intends to issue a continuing services contract with a term of two (2) years and an option for annual contract renewal for up to two (2) additional years.
To be considered for the contract relating to traffic operations/ITS/safety projects, a firm must possess technical proficiency in a broad range of traffic planning and engineering subject areas, and in developing accurate design, construction, right-of-way planning cost estimates (confidence level “C”) and design schedules for the projects proposed to be implemented under the TPO’s XU-funded Traffic Operations/ITS/Safety Program. The work performed under this contract must meet the standards currently used by the Florida Department of Transportation, District Five Office for the programming of traffic operations, ITS, and safety projects using federal Surface Transportation Program funds.
Firms interested in contracting with the TPO to perform this work must submit four (4) copies of a Letter of Interest and Statement of Qualifications no later than August 9, 2013 at 5:00 pm. The submittal must include:
1. The firm’s name, address, phone number and e-mail address.
2. Names and qualifications of the project manager and all staff members/consultants/subcontractors who would be involved in the project.
3. Three (3) examples of previous work products in this field.
4. Four (4) professional references with contact information.
5. All certifications/statements required for federal aid contracts including:
- DBE Participation Statement
- Truth-In-Negotiations Certificate.
- Non-Collusion Proposal Certification
- Certification of Eligibility
- Certification Regarding Lobbying
- Debarment and Suspension Certification
Submittals must be delivered to:
Mr. Robert Keeth, Senior Planner, VolusiaTPO, 2570 W. International Speedway Blvd., Suite 100, Daytona Beach, FL 32114-8145, Phone: 386-226-0422, extension 20424.
Details regarding the Request for Qualifications and Scope of Services can be downloaded here:
RFQ Traffic Ops-ITS-Safety Feasibility Studies Submittal Package
Questions about the Scope of Services may be submitted by e-mail on or before July 23, 2013 to Robert Keeth at firstname.lastname@example.org. Mr. Keeth will post responses on the TPO’s website by July 30, 2013.